Job Title: Staff Nurse – Download PDF
Reports to: FLSA
SUMMARY Performs routine nursing duties. Work involves providing for the assessment, care and treatment of individuals. May train others.
Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The responsibility of the Direct Care RN is to provide for and supervise the professional nursing care of the individuals who reside in Hope Rising care. She/he is a member of the professional team and shares responsibility with other team members for the development of the individual’s program.
Work involves communication skills, i.e. relaying information to other team members, Primary Care Provider (PCP), nurses; data entry, documentation, completing reports, maintaining personnel records, and following all facility rules/policies. Provides treatment to any Hope Rising employee injured in course and scope of employment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Report any/all suspecting abuse or neglect to the Administrator on duty and the DFPS hotline at www.txabusehotline.org or 1-800-252-5400. • Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
• Administers medications, immunizations, and treatment and observes individuals for unusual symptoms and reactions.
• Conducts physical assessments of individual health needs and implements appropriate action.
• Implements and monitors case management service plans.
• Instructs and assists individuals in meeting their health care needs.
• Prepares, maintains, and reviews individual records and individual assessments.
• May participate in quality assurance reviews.
• Complies with all State/Federal/Local standards; Facility Policy, and Texas Nurse Practice Act.
• Manages individual’s medical record (paper chart/EHR).
• Provides treatment to HHS employees injured in course and scope of employment.
• Implement standing orders. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS • Knowledge of nursing techniques and procedures; of health care laws and regulations; of medical diagnoses and procedures; of accepted medical treatment programs; and of community health and nursing care principles, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to provide individual care, to prepare and maintain records, to explain public health law, and to communicate effectively.
• Must maintain current CPR certification.
• Must have strength and flexibility to safely perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
• Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of emergency procedures and emergency equipment
EDUCATION, LICENSURE and/or EXPERIENCE: Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact.
SANE certification preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals and general business periodicals. Ability to write reports, presentations and business correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clergy, parishioners, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS Valid Texas driver’s license, appropriate insurance and reliable car. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test. Must submit to pass random drug tests during employment. Must successfully pass all background screens as required by the state.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nurse Job Description
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.