Job Title: Hope Rising Residential Caregiver
Reports to: Program Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supports foster parent(s) of the Emergency Assessment Home through every day routine and structure as well as assisting during crises.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Assists foster parent(s) with every day routine tasks and structure such as meals, hygiene, chores, etc.
- Assist foster parent(s) during times of crisis by intervening in the crisis or supervising other children in the home while the foster parent(s) handle the crisis
- Transport children to appointments such as medical exams, family visits, etc.
- Reports any/all suspecting abuse or neglect to the Administrator on duty and the DFPS hotline at txabusehotline.org or 1-800-252-5400.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed to prevent escalation of high-risk behavior, relapse, hospitalization, placement disruption, and other negative outcomes.
- Documents observations in data management system.
- Assist with management of behavior problems as they occur using methods approved by Hope Rising and TDFPS.
- Participate in required pre-service and annual training.
- Assist in supervision of children/youth, knowing their location to keep them safe.
- Assist with maintenance of the household, including living quarters, horses and yard.
- Demonstrate responsibility, maturity and role modeling in all interactions with foster parents, staff and children.
- Follow Hope Rising policies as well as RCCL Minimum Standards and RCC Contract Standards, at all times.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The Residential Caregiver must be at least twenty-one years of age. Ideally possesses experience in working with children and families. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills for documentation. The Residential Caregiver should be able to develop trust with foster parent(s) and children in order to provide effective care for children in their home.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE and/or EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
If this sounds like the position for you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.