Position Title: Foster Parents
Facility Name: Hope Rising – Long Term Foster Care
Contact Person: Renee Encinias
Contact Email: Renee.firstname.lastname@example.org
Our focus is on specialized care foster homes for children who have experienced complex trauma; however, we also place children in homes that are at a basic and moderate level of care. We place children from birth to 18.
Our mission, to put it simply, is to provide hope and a future to children and to foster wholeness and healing to at-risk families and children. – Jeremiah 29:11
- Provide 24-hour care of foster children with various diagnoses such as RAD, ADD, ADHD, FASD, Bipolar, Conduct Disorder, Developmental Delays, and other emotional needs.
- Encourage and reinforce appropriate behaviors through trauma-informed care using trust-based behavior management techniques.
- Respond quickly and appropriately in emotional/behavioral crisis situations using the least restrictive intervention necessary to maintain safety of the child and others.
- Attend court hearings and foster care review boards to ensure successful, clear communication of essential information. Provide mentoring in life skills as teens approach adulthood.
- Acts as an educational advocate for children with regard to school placement, 504 accommodations, and Individual Education Plans for special education. Work with teachers and administrators to develop effective Behavior Intervention Plan based on child’s specific emotional needs.
- If fostering a Specialized level child that has been diagnosed with PTSD, the child may need to attend our virtual charter school and will need supervision during school learning and activities.
- Attend to health care needs – ensuring that regular medical, psychiatric, and dental checkups, hearing and vision exams, as well as other special medical needs assessments and appointments, as they arise, are kept.
- Attend all therapies (physical, occupational, speech, equine, etc.) and implement therapy strategies recommended.
Consult with psychiatrists about efficacy of child medications.
- Coordinate with social workers, ad litems, CASAs, and others involved in the case to ensure that all physical and emotional needs of the child is met.
- Work with Hope Rising to identify child’s needs and exploring resources and services to be executed in an Individual Service Plan.
- Maintain records for child’s time in foster care; including medical/dental records, daily medication dosage records, developmental milestones, educational documentation, etc.
The right people will identify with our core values of:
- INTEGRITY – Adhering to the moral and ethical principles of Christ.
- COMPASSION – Offering hope, love & reconciliation
- STEWARDSHIP – Being faithful to manage God’s call & Resources
- FAITH – Believing God for who is and trusting him to see his will come to fruition
- COMMUNITY – Working together & supporting one another
- SERVANTHOOD – Dedicating ourselves to the success of others
- DISCIPLESHIP – Making devoted lovers of Christ
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Submitting to and providing ethical, spiritual and financial oversight
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Married Couple or Single Female
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of related experience/education
- Valid Texas Driver’s license w/excellent driving record
- Ability to care for up to 6 children
- Must possess and exhibit behavior that demonstrates cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Must possess and exhibit high moral standards
If this sounds like the position for you, please send your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.